Sunday 26 February 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 36

 This week seems to have lasted several months!

That said, I do not have much to show for it.

I have done some more on my shorts, but still not nearly enough for a picture, so I shall say again, maybe next week!

I did sew a hat!


I used the free bucket hat pattern I used last year  but I  halved the brim.  It is a nice thick fabric so it is quite cosy.

Yesterday  I went to Unravel which was lovely.   I haven't been since before Covid and it was so nice to return and be able to squish yarn.  I didn't go too crazy. 
I did purchase some buttons from two different porcelain button stalls and some stationary from Katie Green Bean - who I also had the pleasure of being served by!

I did buy some yarn - to make 2 sweaters and some self striping sock yarn - I will show you those when I start knitting with them.

The day was lovely and punctuated with two stops in a coffee shop which was just lovely and I can't remember the last time I did that alone - it was nice.

And that is it for this week, I hope everyone has a lovely week - take care.

7 comments:

  1. Cute hat. How nice you were able to attend unravel. Sounds like you scored some lovely yarn and notions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day. What cute buttons. I'll look forward to seeing you new yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz here…I was just reading “Knitigating circumstances” blog that she didn’t manage to make it to Unravel and I was trying to remember who else I knew sometimes went. Where did you get your self striping sock yarn from? I find it hard to find striped sock yarns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dragon Hill Studio and is now my go to. I discovered them at Unravel and have bought online as well.

      Delete
  4. Ah, a lovely fiber festival trip! I so look forward to going to one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling hat! What a fun day to shop and buy yarn and have coffee. We have no yarn shops anywhere near here so I have to order online. I have never been to a fiber festival but I would love to go to one. Glad you had such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This i s Sam who commented above

      Delete