Thursday 29 August 2024

My Mighty Hike - prep week ?5

 Obviously,  I have not updated for a while!  However, preparation has been going well.  From practice walks to investing in some kit.

So far the kit I have got are:

The Tamara Way guide

Thousand mile socks - recommended by my friend - if I get on with them I will get more!

Walking boots - purchased from Vinted - I tried them out this past weekend and they were brilliant (in conjunction with the socks!)

Walking trousers - bought a couple of pairs from Mountain Warehouse from  lightweight easy dry fabric  - I also have a couple of older pairs one of which is water resistant. 

Walking tops - I want a couple more of these  but also want to make a couple of these from thicker fabric to take me into the winter.

A couple of backpacks - one for short training walks and one for longer ones.

Small easy dry towel just in case I decide to take a dip enroute.

In terms of walking, before we went on holiday I did lots of daily short brisk walks.  Whilst in Sweden we walked about 30 miles and having come back I did a longer training walk.

This past Sunday, I went out with a friend.   We walked from her house, across playing fields, passing by the park out to the forest behind.

From here we joined the main road and popped into a little antiques shop.  This shop was in the middle of nowhere, but my friend knew the owner and before we knew it, we were sitting in the main room with tea and biscuits!

The owners were lovely  - they also had a converted van (like my friend) which we had a look at whilst there.  From here we rejoined the off road track and returned to her house via the park.  Here we stopped for a drink and flapjack.  All of which was lovely.  In the end we walked nearly 8 miles which is a great distance at this point of the training.

And so that is where we are now.  I have done a little this week,  but intend to do another longer walk on Sunday  - just have to decide where to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment