Sunday 4 August 2024

A Year of Projects Update - week 5

 I have had quite a nice relaxing week!  And managed to get some crafting in.

I am nearly done on my Call of the Sea by Susan Crawford. 

I obviously have the straps to finish and sew in a few ends and then I'm done!

Whilst visiting mum I wore one of my Walkaway dresses.

It's not the best pic of the dress!  But I loved it anyway.

Whilst there I worked on 2 WIP'S 

My second pair of socks from the 24 in 24 (definitely am not making 24!)

These are being knit from Fine Fish Yarns and is a made up pattern.  I've just turned the heel, so just  bit of leg to go!

I also did some more on Hitchenbrook by Martin Storey. 

This is a long term WIP that may or may not be finished by Christmas!

And finally, since Call of the Sea is nearly done  I have started another top in Scheepjes Catona.

This is the Tonight top by Lily Kate France. 

I  have one more week until my holiday - we are going to Sweden.  So this week will be mainly prepping the packing and garden for our time away!

Hope everyone has a great week 😊

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to wear your own sewing out and about - they are most comfortable wearing and fitting clothes. Knitting looks fantastic. Love the new color for the Tonight Top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving patterns from Lily Kate. I'm so glad I found her as a designer. That Hitchenbrook looks fantastic! Your made up sock pattern looks great. Love the colorway too. Have a wonderful time in Sweden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, and I love the dress! I will have to check out the Hitchenbrook pattern. The stitch patterns are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool to be out and about paddling in the see with your mum, wearing one of your own hand stitched dresses. She must be proud of your making skills. Have a fabulous time in Sweden. Our neighbours who are in their 60s just came back from a cycling holiday there and loved it. We got married up in the arctic circle bit of Sweden and honeymooned in Stockholm. Would love to go back. Enjoy and share some pics when you are back. Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete