Sunday 4 October 2015

A Year of Projects Update - week 14

We have a fairly steady week here where progress is concerned.
I have made progress on Rhombing Around, but no photos yet as I hope to get to the end of the body before I show!
I have made progress on my socks and am doing as advised and am knitting them inside out as it were - I am really pleased with these.  This is how they look inside out!!
 And this is a sneaky look at the colourwork - love it!

I did make progress on my double knitting but then thought long and hard about where I was going with it.  The colours were not really me and the cast on was not good enough for the project to be gifted.  So I decided to use it as a means to an end - I learned double knitting and not to be afraid of it.  I have frogged the cowl and have found a double knitted sock pattern that I will knit when I have finished my current socks.
In the meantime I have repurposed the yarn and knitted a quick hot water bottle cover!  It needs a neck but otherwise is nearly there.

To see what the others are up to take a look here

10 comments:

  1. Oh those socks look great, I love the colours, very Autumnal and I'm glad you carried on with the double knit pattern if nothing else to no longer be afraid of it, with practice like everything it will look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never expected the first picture to turn into beautiful colourwork when you turned it inside out (or outside in...). Does knitting it that way change anything in colourwork? Like not make it so tight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the socks! I have yet to get back to my stranded sweater after having to rip it out, but your socks are inspiring. Ah yes, hot water bottle cozies are fun and were getting on to their time of year too! Can't wait to see Rhombing Around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy, those socks are as pretty on the inside as they are on outside (though the outside is a beautiful pattern). I love those colors. And what a neat hot water bottle cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks are gorgeous and your tension looks perfect! Absolutely love the brown and gold together ... it's the perfect fall combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful knitting and don't you think the wrong side is just as pretty!! Your stranding it a work of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you knit the socks inside out to keep the tension right for the colourwork?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, those socks are gorgeous. I hope you can wear them in a way that shows off the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, those socks are simply gorgeous! Love the colour and the pattern, and they look super-neat!

    ReplyDelete