Friday 30 July 2021

The Esma Dress

 I did it!

Having said last week that I was going to sew a dress before I went to my mum's I regretted saying I would!  Thinking that I would not have time.

However, the pattern and fabric came at the start of the week and Wednesday and Thursday saw me running it up.

I saw the Esma dress on the Sew Over It  vlog and loved it - so immediately bought the print at copyshop version.  (I don't like printing at home and sticking together so was very happy to see this option!)

I got the fabric from Minerva and is a viscose jersey.

Loved sewing this - there are a few things I will change for next time - and there will be a next time!

The fabric wasn't the easiest to handle and was a bit thinner than I expected (but I am a newbie - so others would probably have realised this).  It was nice to sew, but was a bit fiddly to pin.  The waistband is obviously not pattern matched and is upside down!  But I don't think many will notice - next time I may make it in a plain jersey.

I cut the size 24 as that fitted my largest measurement, but this turned out to be a little big - next time I will cut the 22 and consider reducing the cut on the waistband.  But all of this aside - I  love it!

The pic is on Patricia - I  will get a modelled shot in the week as I intend to take it away with me.

5 comments:

  1. Well done! Such a great feeling to make a terrific dress for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, well done you for sewing a dress and in a few days, it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really lovely, you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete