Sunday 1 January 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 28

 Happy New Year!!

I can't believe it is that time again!  We have a couple of days before we return to school, so a couple of days of relaxing before returning to the fire.

I have been making steady progress on my garter marler sweater.

I am loving this so much - it is a very easy  cosy knit.  So much so I decided to cast on a Christmas Eve knit in the same style - some fingerless mitts.

There is no pattern for these, I just followed the stitch  counts in Knit Mitts by Kate Atherley.   The mitts only took a couple of days knitting at my mum and dad's  (we visited for a few days from Boxing Day).  And once I had knitted the mitts I felt inspired to do a hat - so the Musselburgh it was.  I have already made good use of both on a walk to our local library yesterday.  All of these projects are fabulous stash busters  I don't actually know how much stash I have/will use in these  but it is a lot so that also makes me very happy.  It's been a good start to the year!

It is my 50th year this year - so I have challenged myself to do 50 things for me.  I will report here on some of those.  So far, I have returned to the library and intend to do more reading, and I have made a couple of recipes from a cookbook that I  have had for a while  but I will share more about that later.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and Happy New year.  I will see you in a week!

7 comments:

  1. Your sweater is coming along nicely. The hat and mitts look warm and cozy. I am sure you will get lots of use out of them. The fact they helped lower your stash is a big plus. What a clever idea to do 50 for your 50th. Gosh, this is my 70th. That would take me all year to do 70 things LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your plans to do 50 special things for you. That's roughly once a week which sounds doable. Your sweater does look great. Have a wonderful, special year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love marled projects, and your sweater is SO PRETTY!! 50 things for you sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 50 things for you plan. Hmmmm maybe I should try that too, 67 things for me.....I like this idea. Love your mitt and hat - well done using up stash. I am hoping to get into my spinning stash. I have spun so much and yet not knit very much with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fifty things for you! I love it, and can't wait to read about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, 50 things or more! You deserve it for sure! Your sweater is so pretty and the yarns you used for your mitts and hat turned out gorgeous. I see yellow in it.....my favorite color. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz here. I still can’t seem to log in to my google account on your blog and if I wait until the end of my comment to write my name I keep forgetting 🙄. Hopeless. Anyway, 50 things sounds like a lot of fun and I look forward to seeing what they are over the year. My 50th year was all about seeing friends I’d not seen before in person or for ages and I’m wondering if I should now count them as I possibly reached 50 given there was a small school reunion. I love that you’ll be sharing them here.

    ReplyDelete