Sunday 10 December 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 23

 It is definitely beginning to look like Christmas here.  Because I could really do with more mugs, I got a couple more from Anthropology today!

They are beautiful and I can't wait to start using them!  (Full disclosure - I need no more mugs - but I just can't resist!)

Anyway, I have made some crafting progress this week.   I have put in some rounds on my Tolsta tee in Lay Family Yarn. 

Sorry about the lighting, I took the picture early morning.
I also cast on something new.

This is Hitchenbrook by Martin Storey.  And the yarn is a now discontinued Yarnadelic blend by John Arbon Textiles.
I also found time to make up a batch of Nigella Lawson's gingerbread.  She has it with a lemon icing but we think it is good enough on it's own!

Well that is it for this week  - next time we will be on our holiday so we are definitely counting down the days!  Hope everyone has a great week. 

4 comments:

  1. The yarn for the tee is pretty. The yarn for Hitchebrook looks so warm and comfy. I love a good gingerbread. No icing needed if it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the gingerbread looks lovely. I have been doing a Gingerbread Man book study with my littles this past week at school. I have been craving gingerbread all day everyday while we read all the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are super cute mugs. I love using seasonal mugs. When I was working, I had a different mug for each month. I brought some Christmas mugs from home to help make Florida feel more festive. That gingerbread looks delicious. Love the yarn you are using for your Hitchenbrook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the yarns you use for your projects! Thanks for the reminder as I need to get a Christmas mug....it's an annual thing. Yours are so pretty! Now, gingerbread is something I could have and I love it! I have one of Nigella's cookbooks....I need to go see if it has that recipe. I think it's her Domestic Goddess (?) cookbook. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete