Sunday 31 December 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 26

 And another year draws to an end.  This is my 50th year!  I have been working my way through 50 things this year.  I've not achieved them all  but I have done a lot and more!  Anyway  that is a different post.

In terms of my projects, I have done a bit this week, especially since a couple of days were spent with my parents.  Whilst there, I continued my Christmas eve cast on.  These are my first pair of socks for the 24 in 24 (or 12 pairs).  I have no doubt that I will not be able to make 24 socks but I shall but try!  I wear knitted socks almost every day that I am not wearing a dress or skirt, so the ones I have are starting to look a bit tired.  This is my chance to spruce up my sock drawer and cut down my sock yarn stash!

These are knit in some Eden Cottage yarn I got in their Christmas stash box from a few years ago.  The picture doesn't do it justice - it is a lovely denim blue colour with a good bit of sparkle.
I have also made some progress on my Tolsta tee. 
I am now on the bottom ribbing  and as I want shortish sleeves, I should soon be done.
Otherwise, I have done some more digging over the veg plot, planted out some garlic and taken some cuttings.  Tomorrow I intend to have a very lazy day, but plant some winter sowing seeds into the greenhouse and on the windowsill.
I have also been baking today - we like to have a buffet style tea on New Year's Eve, and so I made banoffi pie, made some more mince pies and a few quiche!

Well I wish everyone a fabulous new year and may it be everything you want for another year.
I  will see everyone on the other side!


8 comments:

  1. I'm on my way!!!! I love mince pie but never eat it here in the states. Not since my grandmother died 30+ years ago. Okay, okay - my hands and legs aren't broke so I have no excuse not to make it for myself except I'm the only one in the family that likes mince pie. Do they freeze? Best wishes for your 24 in '24. What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mince pies last well outside the freezer, especially if you get ones with brandy soaked sultanas and raisins. We eat them until Easter in our house but they are bought at Christmas. Liz

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea for a New Year buffet tea. All the goodies look delicious. The denim yarn sounds like it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That banofee pie looks delicious. I’ve never tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love mincemeat pie but not on my restricted diet anymore. I love your goal for socks and I need to replace some of mine as they are getting raggedy too.
    The Tolsta Tee is almost done!!! Look at your progress! I love how you balance all your interests as that is what I try to do too. The best of the new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that comment was from Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if Sam thinks mince pies have meat in them? Anyhoo looks like a delicious buffet to me, good luck with the sock knitting target.

    ReplyDelete